Cell IDx needed a new application that would help them organize all of their products and integrate with a Shopify.com store that would allow customers to the site purchase products directly from the site without being redirected to Shopify.
You can view the finished product here: cellidx.com. Naturally, the admin section is password protected and is not viewable by unauthenticated users.
Requirements of the contract work I performed:
- Build out the backend admin section enabling
- Product creation
- Product categorization and grouping
- Image uploading per product
- File uploading per product
- Authenticate users
- Provide password resets
- Throttle login attempts by malicious users
- Create dynamic JSON fields to allow non-uniform product data to be added
- Write PhpUnit unit tests, feature tests and integration tests to make sure everything works to spec.
- Create the Shopify store for Cell IDx
- Build a Shopify application to allow product integration
- Write a service to sync products from the admin site to Shopify
- Sync products between application and Shopify when any changes or deletions were made.
- Send the appropriate data to the front end for display
- Display requirements were complex depending on multiple groups and/or product variables
- Set up development and application servers
- Set up development and application databases
- Create an automated deployment process that deploys to the appropriate servers when changes are pushed to a private Git repository branch
- Create an automated backup process that keeps rolling backups of images, files, and products in the database
Technology Used For Project
- PHP 7.1
Overall I am really happy with how the project turned out. Cell IDx has been very happy with the end result. Since initial production deployment, we have not received any bug reports. For a project with this many moving parts to it, I think that’s pretty amazing!